As part of Global Entrepreneurship Week, Startup Revelstoke brought Nikolas Badminton, Futurist, in to talk to a group of 13 to 19 year olds and simulcast it across Canada as well.
Nikolas talks about the state of the nation in terms of employment, how to consider operating in school, what is important to learn, and 5 considerations for now and the future.
- Follow your heart, and realize that there is no such thing as failure.
- Travel and get international experience.
- Realize that change takes time and that every overnight success takes years.
- Keep friends, family, and community close.
- Be brave, trust serendipity, and reinvent yourself every 3 to 5 years.
Nikolas Badminton is a world-respected futurist speaker that researches, speaks, and writes about the future of work, how technology is affecting the workplace, how workers are adapting, the sharing economy, and how the world is evolving. He appears at conferences in Canada, USA, UK, and Europe. Email him to book him for your radio, TV show, or conference.